JUNEE Six A Side Summer Football saw some more great football last Wednesday with the top of the table teams continue on their winning way and consolidating their positions on the ladder. Both men’s and women’s competitions had a forfeit due to lack of numbers and teams are reminded that if they give enough notice, games can be deferred rather than forfeit.
The Wolf Pack accounted for a gallant UAAs team to the tune of 6-0. To their credit, the young lads of the UAAs and Tommy White gave a good account of themselves but found it difficult to break down the more physical Wolf Pack. Time will give the UAAs the experience and as they continue to upskill, the wins will come against the more fancied teams. It was an extremely fast-paced game with lots of high energy moments and the Philipsie brothers each netted a hat-trick in a solid display from their team.
Licorice Hooters took the points over Not Today in a good game that was played in the right spirit. Both teams tried their best to dominate and only a more committed attack and defence was the difference between the teams.
RivTurf and Fruit Tingles was the final match with Riv Turf taking the points 4-1 in a closely fought game. Both teams had their chances with some great lead up work and only solid defence kept some goals out. The game was a attack/counter attack game from both teams and was exciting to watch.
- Women’s: Licorice Hooters (5) d Not Today (2). Riv Turf (4) d Fruit Tingles (1). Topssip (4) d Scramblers (0).
- Men’s: EggPlants (4) d Get Plastered (0). The Wolf Pack (6) d UAAs (0). Dirty Squirrels had the bye.
- 5pm: Ground 1 Ajax V Man United. Ground 2 PSG V Atletico. Ground 3 Juventus V Real Junee. Ground 4 Roar V Socceroos. Ground 5 Glory / Victory V Wanderers / Mariners
- 6pm: Ground 1 Not Today V Fruit Tingles. Ground 2 EggPlants V The Wolf Pack.
- 6.30pm: Ground 1 Scramblers V Riv Turf.
- 7pm: Ground 1 Topssip V Licorice Hooters. Ground 2 UAAs V Dirty Squirrels. Get Plastered has the bye.