Junee Jaguars coach Lincoln Weir and brother Adrian have farewelled the club in style, headlining the award winners at the club’s presentation night at the Junee Bowling Club on Saturday.
Lincoln was named the best and fairest player of the Pascoe Cup side, while Adrian won the Player’s Player Award.
It comes after the duo made an emphatic finish to their Jaguars careers on the pitch, Lincoln booting four goals and Adrian holding the fort in defence in a 5-1 season finale win over Wagga United earlier in the year.
The final match was a bittersweet end for the club’s Best and Fairest and Most Outstanding first grader.
“If we had a fresh side for a year it would have been a different season,” Lincoln said.
“The last match scoring those four goals and finishing with a win would have to be the highlight.”
He couldn’t make Saturday night’s presentation but was chuffed at the recognition.
“I didn’t expect it at all, unfortunately I was away up the Gold Coast, I’m still shocked really,” he said.
“It’s a pity I couldn’t be there but very nice to be sent off with a present,” he said.
Adrian Weir was also named the overall coach of the year, after leading Junee to the Madden Shield premiership and Leonard Cup grand final.
Meanwhile, Angle Barclay won the Best and Fairest Award for the club’s Leonard Club side. Sara Smart and Marissa Ward both won the first grade women’s Player’s Player Award.
The night was also highlighted by longtime club stalwarts Annette Foley and April Mills being awarded with life membership.
- Men’s rookie of the year- Brody Longmore
- Attendance and attitude at training- Ethan Sainsbury
- Coaches award- Gavin Richards
- Most improved- Caleb Sainsbury
- Best and fairest- Matthew Miller
- Most outstanding- Brody Longmore
- Players’ player- Jason Mutimer
- Coaches award- Braiden Philipse
- Most improved- Bronson Beattie
- Best and fairest- Steven Edwards and Matthew Baker
- Most outstanding- Corey Hazell
- Players’ player- Matthew Baker
FIRST GRADE MEN
- Coaches award- Lochie Philipse
- Most improved- Benjamin Cook
- Best and fairest- Lincoln Weir
- Most outstanding- Lincoln Weir
- Players’ player- Adrian Weir
- Rookie of the year- Kaitlyn Buck
- Attendance and attitude at training- Ashleigh Goode
RESERVE GRADE LADIES
- Coaches award- Teagan McCormack
- Most improved- Jade McCormack
- Best and fairest- Kaitlin Buck
- Most outstanding- Kara Hancock
- Players’ player- Kaitlyn Buck
FIRST GRADE LADIES
- Coaches award- Phoebe Quinn
- Best and fairest- Angela Barclay
- Most outstanding- Marissa Ward
- Players’ player- Sara Smart and Marissa Ward
- Club person of the year- Annette Foley
- Coach of the year- Adrian Weir
- Life memberships- Annette Foley and April Mills