Established in 1922, Gosford Quarries has been the name synonymous with sandstone in Australia for nearly one hundred years, and we’re widely recognised for our expertise in the quarrying and processing of natural Australian sandstone.
Our first sandstone quarry and processing plant was situated at Gosford on the Central Coast of New South Wales. The company, known as 'The Hawkesbury Sandstones Co., facilitated much of the high demand for the popular sandstone of the era, 'Gosford Grey'. The company grew to prominence from the 1930's until World War II under the directorship of well-known local identity, Mr Henry Parry. Following the War, Gosford Quarries grew from strength-to-strength building places of significance in Sydney and wider Australia.